Hoop-Dee-Doo - Perry Como with Fontane Sisters

Monday, August 24, 2009 ·

Billboard Magazine's #1 Single June 3 - June 9



Lyrics:

Hoop-Dee-Doo, Hoop-Dee-Doo
I hear a polka and my troubles are through
Hoop-Dee-Dee, Hoop-Dee-Dee
This kind of music is like heaven to me
Hoop-Dee-Doo, Hoop-Dee-Doo
Has got me higher than a kite
Hand me down my soup and fish, I am gonna get my wish
Hoop-Dee-Doin' it tonight

When there's a trombone playin' I get a thrill, I always will
When there's a concertina stretched about a mile
I always smile 'cause that's my style
When there's a fiddle in the middle oh it really is a riddle how he plays a tune so sweet
Plays a tune so sweet that I could die Lead me to the floor and hear me yell for more
'cause I'm a Hoop-Dee-Doin' kind of guy

(Hoop-Dee-Doo), Hoop-Dee-Doo
(Hoop-Dee-Doo), Hoop-De-Doo
(I hear a polka and my troubles are through)-ha, ha, ha, ha
(Hoop-Dee-Doo), Hoop-Dee-Doo
(Hoop-Dee-Dee) Hoop-De-Dee
(This kind of music is like heaven to me)

Oh, Hoop-Dee-Doo (Hoop-Dee-Doo)
Hoop-Dee-Doo (Hoop-Dee-Doo)
Has got me higher than a kite
Hand me down my soup and fish, I am gonna get my wish
Hoop-Dee-Doin' it tonight

(When there's a trombone playin') (He gets a thrill) I get a thrill, I always will (He always will)
(When there's a concertina) stretched about a mile
I always smile (You'll see him smile) 'cause that's my style (Oh, that's his style)
When there's a fiddle in the middle oh it really is a riddle how he plays a tune so sweet
(Plays a tune so sweet that we could die) Ah, yes lead me to the floor and hear me yell
for more 'cause I'm a Hoop-Dee-Doin' kind of guy

Oh, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Hoop-Dee-Doo
It's got us higher than a kite
They're in clover, we're in bloom, when we're dancin' give us room
Hoop-De-Doin' it with all of our might
Rain may fall and snow may come, nothin's gonna stop us from
Hoop-Dee-Doin' it
Hoop-Dee-Doin' it
Hoop-Dee-Doin' it tonight


Download Hoop-Dee-Doo at Amazon.com

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard the Musical Time Machine. We start our journey in the early 50's and don't stop until we're back in present time. Throughout the journey we'll have a closer look at each year and listen to the songs that were popular back then.

Navigation

Recent posts

My Other Blog: Economatheek

Followers