The Tennessee Waltz - Patti Page

Monday, August 31, 2009 ·

Billboard Magazine's #1 Single Dec. 16, 1950 - Mar. 2, 1951

Wow. Just wow...


Download The Tennessee Waltz at Amazon.com

This was her second number one hit in a little less than two months, and it remained on top for sixteen weeks. And, yes, she sure could sing.

This is the perfect song for celebrating a new year. Yes, our time machine is now leaving the year 1950 and heading on into 1951. It's been an interesting first year! Thanks to those of you who came along for this first part of our trip. Make sure to stay aboard for more.

Lyrics:

I was dancing with my darlin' to the Tennesse waltz
when an old friend I happened to see.
I introduced him to my loved one,
and while they were dancing
my friend stole my sweet-heart from me.

I remember the night and the Tennessee waltz.
Now I know just how much I have lost.
Yes I lost my little darlin' the night
they were playing the beautiful Tennessee waltz.


Update: Also see the post Norah Jones - The Tennessee Waltz.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard the Musical Time Machine. We start our journey in the early 50's and don't stop until we're back in present time. Throughout the journey we'll have a closer look at each year and listen to the songs that were popular back then.

Navigation

Recent posts

My Other Blog: Economatheek

Followers