The Musical Time Machine

Monday, August 17, 2009 ·

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard the Musical Time Machine bound from 1950 to present time. Please be seated with your monitors in an upright position and your speakers turned on. We will shortly be leaving the gate and take off for present time. We will show in-trip music videos and you will be able to listen to audio using your headphones or speakers. We expect to arrive at present time in January 2012. Once again, welcome aboard and thank you for choosing the Musical Time Machine for your journey.


Yes, it is quite a journey that's about to begin. I got the idea when thinking about how I, due to my relatively low age of 27 years, have missed out on so much in the course of musical history, and how little I actually know about the music that dates back to before my teenage years. Even though the songs are still out there to be listened to, just having heard all of them would not put them in the right context.

I started fantasizing about going back in time and actually reliving musical history the way it unfolded. That way I would get to put the songs into their proper context. Unfortunately, there's no way to go back in time. Or is there?

Well, even if there's no way to send our bodies back in time, at least we can let our minds out on a little journey. So I decided to go back to old billboards and listen my way through musical history. However, even though reducing focus to billboard number one songs, this proved to be a rather heavy task to take on by myself, so I decided to invite you to join me on my journey. And now, here we are. So please, turn on your speakers, and we're ready for takeoff.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard the Musical Time Machine. We start our journey in the early 50's and don't stop until we're back in present time. Throughout the journey we'll have a closer look at each year and listen to the songs that were popular back then.

Navigation

Recent posts

My Other Blog: Economatheek

Followers